Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Planning, Programming, Preparing and Perth : Choose Your Attitude






I figured some alliteration was in order to spark things up a bit. This week hasn't been my best to date but it's also been far from my worst. I have a few hurdles in front of me this week and I haven't prepared for it although it's been visible on the horizon for quite some time.
So what do you do when you're faced with an obstacle? You have two choices. There are only two choices. You either choose to overcome it or you choose to quit. The very first choice I make every morning is to be happy. I don't always wake up with a smile beaming from ear to ear and jumping for joy and wanting to spread the infectious mood. Nope, I am human, I wake up groggy with hair that would challenge Effie from Acropolis Now. Sometimes I wake up grumpy and on these days it's advisable only to approach me after I've had my morning caffeine hit.
"Fake it till you make it" - How many times have I heard this in the last eight or so months? More times than I can count!! At first I thought it was some stupid saying that people said to make themselves appear like they were "there". These days, I say it more than anyone I know. It's so true. If you put a smile on even though you're feeling grumpy and down, you'll find that smile will actually make you happier, make your day better and in turn you'll get into a better mood. I'm a firm believe in the fact that the Universe gives you what you put out. Sort of like karma. What goes around, comes around. If you're happy, then you attract happy people, you experience happy things and it becomes a recurring cycle.
The same can also happen with negativity, and once you're in that cycle, it's very hard to break it and it must be a conscious decision for you to do so. Most people don't just wake up one morning being happy after years of unhappiness. It's your life, you're driving it so put your hands on the steering wheel and decide where you want to go.
This is where I'm at. I've decided I'm a happy person, and now I am. I've decided to take charge of my own life, so my hands are clasped on the steering wheel of the vehicle taking me on the journey of life. My body is my vehicle. It needs to be cared for, maintained and loved. Yes I sound like I'm drunk and speaking jibberish, but if you are already happy, you know what I'm saying is true and if you're not quite there yet, don't give up.
A very wise group of ladies have supported me unconditionally through my journey, and although we have met, most of this support has been electronically through the internet or through text messages. It's amazing how easy it is to relate to people online these days. How much you start to depend on others for your own well being. I've learnt that I've been depending a little too much so I've taken a step back. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate them, it doesn't mean I've given up, it just means that my path had to take a different turn for a little while.
Anyway, back to the wise group - they have taught me about the power of self talk and positive affirmations. Everything from words on the mirror, sticky notes on the wall or even a documented manifesto. Having it all written down and reading/saying them regularly has helped me believe them. Although I still want to improve myself, I am far from where I was and I now know anything is possible.
This round, I haven't been as prepared as I thought. I haven't been planning out my weeks and this means I've slipped up on more than one occasion. That was my choice. I knew what needed doing. When I was in Hawaii, a saying was shared with me that I now hold dear:-
"Don't be upset by the results you didn't get because of the work you didn't do"
How true is that? Time to change that around. Meals are now planned, I pick up the groceries this afternoon to cook up tonight. I have my dress sorted for Perth, just need to make sure my shoes and clutch match. Finally I'm getting on top of it all. I'm back in control, the vehicle is no longer in neutral, we're changing up the gears.
Have a great Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment