Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday 24 September 2012

No Follow Through – New Chapter Required

So even after all my blog entries, my commitments, my confessions and my revelations, the scales still aren’t budging.
At this point I could start rattling off excuses. I have heaps. I’ve come to realise that I didn’t commit to my pre-season tasks. The last round almost overlapped to this one so there was really not much time in-between. I know this sounds like another excuse, but based on this I have decided that I will not be doing the next round of Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation. I don’t want to feel “rushed” going from Finale straight to the next round without time to reflect. In saying that, this is not my last round ever. I have considered my options and I will now probably be looking at every second round. Not only that, but the costs add up. I’m a finale addict, which means if I sign up for the round, I’ll also do the finale. I have almost spent more money on finales this year than I have on my Hawaii trip. Don’t get me wrong, they’re a lot of fun and I love doing the round and I love going to group workout etc. but I can’t keep pushing through at this pace. I am becoming someone who is feeling very overwhelmed, like I’m not achieving and quite frankly, I’m not.
I have decided that although I won’t be doing the round, I will still be going through and doing pre-season tasks (based on this round) and I will still be sticking to a calorie controlled food intake (1200 calories per day) and I will be setting fitness goals. I have enlisted a PT twice a week, and this will continue. As soon as I’d made this decision yesterday I felt more at ease.
I have also made a decision to reduce the hours of my second job. I will be placing a formal request to amend my contracts to give me one full weekend off per month. This will allow me to still maintain somewhat of social life, travel to see friends and family, and also work more towards my fitness goals.
So with all these decisions made and a weight off my shoulders, I had to decide what to do about the rest of this round. I didn’t want to waste the rest of it (although I feel I already have). I decided that the remaining round will make a difference in my life.
 I’ve decided my new chapter starts now. I’ve titled it “JFDI” – all you 12wbt-ers will know what that means. No more excuses, I’m just going to do the best I can with 120% of the right attitude and consistency.
I’ve already started. This morning I got up before the sun and I took a walk around the block. It was only 140 calories burnt, but I’m creating a new habit. With time I will increase the distance and up my speed to maximise my burn. For now I’m happy that I got up and I went. Even though today I’ve got both my day job and second job to complete. I’ve also packed my gym bag so that I can go and squeeze out 350 calories at the gym on the way home tonight.
No more stagnant weight. No more feeling sorry for myself. No more procrastination.
This is how it’s going to be. This is my life. This is my choice. I will be posting regular updates on my changes so I can read back through this journey in detail once I do manage to reach goal.
Have a lovely day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment