Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday 20 February 2012

Interview with Camilla – Yep, it’s a self interview... Corny!!

Just for something different here's a little self interview.  Should have another update either late tonight or tomorrow.

Tell us a little bit about yourself. What makes you, you?

I am unique in many ways. I am very determined and goal focussed. Once I know what my end goal is, I am confident in planning and also executing the plan to get me there. Those of you who know me personally know that I’m generally a workaholic and I like planning everything in advance. I enjoy both jobs that I am currently employed in and these jobs takes up 55-65 hours per week, so time is scarce. I’m single and I live on a couple of acreages in Central Queensland, so maintaining the yard as well as the house is time consuming as well. That’s all my hurdles and I’m determined to overcome them.

Why did you decide to do the 12WBT?

I first heard about the MB 12WBT when it first came out. I ummed and aahhed about the price. I ended up wishing for the Crunchtime book that Christmas and since I got it – I’ve read it a hundred times. Still I procrastinated. It took me till Christmas last year to pull my finger out and sign up. I’m glad that I waited though because I haven’t been in the right frame of mind up until now.

What are you hoping to achieve through the program?

I see this program as my map to a healthier and happier me. Through this program I will be shedding a lot of excess baggage - both physically and mentally. Physically I have set a goal to get below 90kg during the 12 weeks.

Why have you decided to blog?

There are several reasons I have decided to blog. The first one is that I want to share my journey in the hope to inspire someone else to take charge of their own life and also become a healthier and happier person. The second reason is more personal. I am using the blog as my support network, my outlet. I will be blogging about my journey in whole.

How will you be exercising during the program?

As many of you will already have gathered, I want to become a runner. I will be doing most of my workouts outdoors either running or using nature. I am a member of a gym so I do have ‘backup’ options for when the weather isn’t co-operating. If anyone is keen on catching up for a workout, please let me know! Anything to keep me more accountable.

What is your greatest strength that will help you?

I think my determination and sheer will are my greatest strengths. When I put my mind to something I achieve it. I have the ability to look outside the square to find solutions.

What are you afraid of?

My biggest fear is loose skin. I know I’ll succeed in dropping the kilos, but will I be left with excess skin? I’m hoping not, but it is a fear.

What are you looking forward to the most over the next 12 weeks?

Getting in to double digits!! I’ve been over 100kg for years and I can’t wait till the day the scales flash 99 at me. I’m also looking forward to developing and making some great friends who are on similar journeys.

What is your downfall?

Time. I know it’s an excuse, but it’s my hardest hurdle. On days where I don’t have a double shift I have no problems getting out and about. However starting work at 7.30am and then not finishing the last job till 8.30 pm I rarely have enough motivation to do something. Normally I’m just really tired. I always eat clean on these days as I know what I’m like.

If you had to pick one word to motivate you over the next 12 weeks, what would you choose?

Inspiration. I want to be inspired and I want to be inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment