Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Are you ensuring your success?

Have you ever heard that your attitude is contagious? That if you smile on the phone, the person on the other end can hear it?

Well it's true and it has more impact on our lives than what we initially realise.
For many years I have surrounded myself with what I called like minded people. People who were in similar situations as me, one way or another. I've always been a bit of a go-getter. I want more than the average person when it comes to things such as career, property, assets and in turn, success.
I'm not happy "just surviving" - I like to "thrive".

Let me have a go at an analogy to explain my message.
There's a kitten born with no parents to care for it. The kitten is brought up by other domestic cats. The kitten will then think it's a domestic cat and act like a domestic cat and live the life of a domestic cat.
If that same kitten was brought up by a herd of lions, adopted from young then the outcome will be very different. The kitten will think it's a lion, act like a lion and in turn live a life similar to that of a lion.

As humans, we become like those we surround ourselves with. If you detest the outdoors, would you surround yourself with people who love the outdoors and spend every minute in it, probably not. So, if you want to be a better person, or a different person, then the easisest way to do this, is to begin to surround yourself with people who are there and learn off them. This can be anything from becoming a happier person or to losing weight or becoming a successful property investor.
The basic recipe is the same. Surround yourself with those who are where you want to be. Don't wait until you are one of them, because very seldom will you get there on your own.

I've had people tell me how lucky I am to lose weight. How lucky I am to be looking better.

Luck has NOTHING to do with it. I am working damn hard to change myself and I'm doing it for me. Nothing you say or do will affect what I do unless I let it.

I count every calorie that passes my lips. Everything I eat is in my fitness pal and if you add me on it as a friend, you can go in to each day to see what I've consumed and what exercise I've done. I don't get home all excited about running in the heat and humidity and puffing - I don't get excited about exercise. Exercise is a means of getting what I want. I do it because it works, not because it's fun or comfortable. There's nothing stopping me enjoying the workout when I'm out there, but I wouldn't rate it as my favourite activity.

Another of my favourite sayings is :- Nothing tastes as good as slim feels
I have motivational little cutouts throughout my house, in my handbag, at work, in my car. I'm not motivated 100% of the time. I have slip ups. I eat things I shouldn't. I skip workouts. The only difference is that I don't give up. I just keep going. I'm human, I'm not perfect and I make a lot of mistakes. I learn from them and I learn to work with them.

If I eat something I shouldn't at work, do I feel guilty? No, guilty doesn't really go with my 'happy self' that I'm making a conscious decision to be. I do however work with it, I will in those instances ensure I do my workout and push myself as well. This works for me. I know it works because my clothes are loose, I've had to order new uniforms and I'm fitting into clothes that I've bought over the years when I thought I wasn't big. This is a very exciting time for me.

I want you to experience the satisfaction with life that I do. Focus on your happiness. There is nothing stopping you from being happy with what you've got and then work on tweaking the things you need to. Happiness begins within. It's contagious. By making the conscious decision, you will be a positive influence on those around you, your family, your friends, your loved ones.
If I can do anything to support you, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Camilla, you have once again hit the nail right on the head, you are so inspirational with the practical ways you look at situations!! I am proud of you and your growth!! keep striving for even greater things and i KNOW you will achoeve them. You are awesome and i am so priveledged to be able to call you a friend!! Yours in support D :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm hoping these posts will inspire people to become who they deserve to be. As per my self interview. I want to inspire and be inspired :)

    ReplyDelete