Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Life is a Balancing Act

Blink. Blink. Blink. The cursor blinks steadily, almost taunting me as I sit here staring blankly at it, almost on the verge of a breakdown. I work hard. I work two jobs, and on most weeks that equates to roughly 60 hours , that’s on top of bootcamp (another 2 ¼ hours per week)…. Hmmm let’s set this out so it’s easier to read….
 
  

I get the same amount of hours as everyone else. I try to squeeze as much in as possible. The above table indicates a standard week. It doesn’t take into account my monthly plasma donations that take nearly 2-2.5 hours including travel depending on how busy the bloodbank is. This doesn’t take into account other appointments like chiro, doctor and so forth that I also do on a regular basis. The more I look at it, the more I see that I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

Perhaps this is why I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed. My ‘spare time’ isn’t spread nicely and evenly over all days, generally the majority of it falls on a Saturday and has to be squeezed in between waiting for the washing machine to finish or waiting for something to cook.

I’m a big fan of packing my life full as I am fully aware that I will only get one go at it. I want to maximise everything and to do that I need to find a way to make more time. I need to start simplifying my processes to ensure this all works smoothly and easily and so that I can actually enjoy my spare time. At the moment, the limited spare time I have I spend feeling flustered and overwhelmed. My nutrition is suffering, my sleep is suffering and I am sure this is part of what’s holding me back in my weight loss journey.

I haven’t prioritised any time for my friends because I simply don’t have it – that needs to change. I have friends that have been left on the outer for too long. I need to make amends.

Life is a balancing act – there is no question about it. You need to balance life, work and relationships to ensure you live a happy and fulfilled life. At the moment I’m not balancing so well. I don’t really know where to start so I’m blurting it all out on paper here hoping, praying that somebody out there may have a trick to fix it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment