Camilla's Journey Tracker

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday 30 November 2012

Beam Me Up Scotty… or Scan Me

Okay, time to share another very exciting moment whilst I was on holidays.

I got my first ever Dexascan done! For those of you who don’t know what it is, google it! It’s a full body composition analysis and it definitely opens your eyes.

I actually wish I’d gone to the effort to get one done before I started this journey so I could track my progress by means other than the dreaded scales.

The Dexascan shows everything from bone density to lean body mass, to body fat percentage and a distribution image of where your fat is located. Although I’ve shared a lot of stuff with all my readers, I’m hesitant at revealing the whole report, but please see my picture below.

The red is the ‘lean me’ – that’s what I’m aiming for. I CAN get a gap between my legs so my thighs don’t rub!! I can no longer use “I have a large frame” as an excuse because I can see on this picture exactly where I’m at and where I can get to.

The lovely lady who did the Dexascan was also able to give me an indication of my upper and lower healthy weight range. My lower end sitting on approximately 76kg and my upper end at 89kg. That’s not much further to go weight wise. A lot closer than what I had anticipated.

Unfortunately there aren’t a lot of places in Queensland where you can get these done but I would highly recommend the one at Morningside – they were absolutely wonderful and for $88 I reckon it was worth every single cent!
Not really a pretty picture right now, but it gives me a clear goal to aim for. I have my next one booked in for February at the end of this round, so keep an eye out for the comparison :)

No comments:

Post a Comment